In this week’s podcast:
• A new study shows LGBTQ people are more likely to get their COVID-19 shot than the general population.
• A 28-year-old Black transgender woman was shot to death on November 4 in South Carolina. She is (at least) the 46th trans or nonbinary person known to have died by violence in the U.S. this year. That surpasses the record set in 2020 of 44 deaths.
• The first-ever all-male team of John Waite and Johannes Radebe on Strictly Come Dancing is racking up big scores on the reality dance competition.
— BBC Strictly ✨ (@bbcstrictly) November 6, 2021
• PEOPLE Magazine named ‘911: Lone Star’ actor Brian Michael Smith to their 2021 list of the sexiest men on television. He becomes the first trans male to be included.
• Conservative radio host Dennis Prager made the asinine assertion that unvaccinated people today are treated worse than patients at the height of the AIDS epidemic.
• The US Navy christens a new ship named for LGBTQ activist Harvey Milk. In the 1970s, Milk became one of the nation’s first out elected officials after he was booted from the Navy for being gay.
• Tennessee is being sued by a transgender high school student. The teen is challenging his state’s law banning him from playing on his high school’s golf team.
• And the new documentary Mayor Pete offers an insider look at the presidential campaign of Pete Buttigieg. Streaming now on Amazon Video.
All that and more in this episode of The Randy Report podcast.