Podcast: Golden Globes Make History, Gays & Blood Donations
In this episode of The Randy Report podcast:
• Forty years into the HIV epidemic, researchers have discovered a new “kick and kill” strategy to target and possibly eliminate HIV.
• Amid a huge shortage of blood, politicians, activists, and the Red Cross are calling on the FDA (again) to remove outdated, homophobic restrictions on gay and bisexual men to donate blood.
• South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is running national ads touting her state’s hideous anti-transgender legislation.
• MJ Rodriguez made history at the 2022 Golden Globes becoming the first transgender person to win a Golden Globe. Full list of this year’s winners here.
• Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, shares her feelings on being ditched by “horny old men” after she came out as LGBTQ last fall.
• Jeopardy! champion Amy Schneider keeps extending her amazing winning streak on the long-running game show.
All that and more in this episode of The Randy Report.
ICYMI: Be sure to check out ‘The Best of 2021’ year-end round up recapping the top LGBTQ movies, TV, music and news stories.